Thursday 31 January 2013

Welcome to Manhattan series






tim macauley welcome to manhattan street photography NY new york city people bus decisive moment you won't see this at MoMA





tim macauley welcome to manhattan street photography NY new york city people bus decisive moment you won't see this at MoMA











tim macauley welcome to manhattan street photography NY new york city people bus decisive moment you won't see this at MoMA













It's rarely that I spend a long time working on a single series (the only exception for me has been the billboards series [link] ), I guess because I'm just reacting to the environment around me at any given time which is more self contained. There is just something about doing something over a short period of time that allows me to move onto the next thing and not get bogged down in getting things just perfect. The Welcome to Manhattan series was put together in the time it took to go from a bridge onto Manhatten to the bus terminal at The Port Authority Bus. Less than one hour. I like how been on a bus allows people to be themselves without the transformation that occurs when a camera is shoved in ones face and the higher viewpoint gives a different perspective than you typically see in street photography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment